You have definitely received tons of pieces of advice about how to take care of your skin throughout your life. However, it is important to remember that what may work for you does not necessarily mean that it will work for everyone. It also does not mean that there are no general rules that are beneficial for all types of skin.
I have gathered for you this list of 5 things to do to keep your skin healthy.
1. Do Know Type of Skin:
This must be the first step to get the healthiest possible skin. When you understand your skin type, you will be able to choose the right products for it. There are many skin care products that are designed specifically for your type of skin and they are able to enhance your skin’s beauty significantly.
It is also important to be able to treat your skin well if something wrong happened.
2. Do Drink a Lot of Water:
You already have heard this piece of advice many times; drink plenty of water. Water is great for your body and especially for your skin. It helps the body to get the toxins out of the systems. It makes our skin brighter, opens up its pores and gives it a natural, younger and more beautiful look.
The problem is that your skin is the last organ receiving water and nutrients. It is also the body’s largest organ. That is why you should not only drink water but plenty of water.
3. Do Cleanse Daily:
I guess this one is obvious. Instead of putting things on your skin, even if they are beneficial things, it is better to remove things from your skin. Cleansing is a must for all skin care routines.
Think about it. You can’t put any creams or wear any makeup if dirt and grime already covering your skin.
It is recommended to wash your face 2 to 3 times daily with a mild face wash or a cleanser.
4. Do Physical Activities:
Fitness is important for your overall health including your skin health. Exercising regularly activates your blood circulation which increases the flow of blood to all your body organs including your skin. This nourishes your skin cells and gives you the radiant, lovely looking skin.
5. Do Go on a Healthy Diet:
You are what you eat; that is a fact. The foods you eat shows not only on your body but also on your skin. Try to follow a healthy diet for a while and you will notice how it will bring a glow to your skin.
Add greens berries, raw tomatoes, fruits, and veggies to your meals and they will brighten your skin.
Dry skin is one of the most uncomfortable conditions with all the scaling, sensitivity, cracking, and itching. It occurs due to many reasons but most people think that it is caused by the weather only while many of our lifestyle choices can cause or exacerbate the condition too. If you have dry skin, don’t just apply moisturizers. It is better to understand your condition and try the best and most specific solution for it.
Here are the top 8 reasons for dry skin.
Carbon monoxide resulting from smoking and nicotine within the cigarette reduces the amount of blood reaching your skin which means less oxygen and fewer nutrients leaving your skin pale and dry.
2. Flying Regularly:
The air in the cabin is pressurized and pressurized air sucks the moisture. If you fly on a regular basis, have a cabin-friendly moisturizer with you and apply it every few hours while flying.
3. Going on a Diet:
If you are on a die, you definitely noticed changes in your skin. That is because diets include less fat which means fewer fatty acids. Fatty acids are essential for keeping your skin hydrated so if you are going on a diet, make sure to include foods like nuts and oily fish.
4. Getting Older:
As we get older, the process of skin cells turnover and productions of natural oil of skin slow down. Your dead skin cells remain longer causing aging signs. Try to add a Hyaluronic Acid product to your beauty routine; it is the best solution.
5. Hot water:
We all love hot showers in the winter. But the fact is hot water sucks natural oil from your skin. Natural oils for a barrier preventing water loss; hot water destroys this barrier and makes skin dehydrated.
The best thing to do is to take a shower with lukewarm water and moisturize your skin after the shower.
6. Air Conditioners:
Staying at an air-conditioned place for a long time disturbs the balance of natural oils causing dry skin and even more dangerous skin conditions. If you have to stay at an air-conditioned place, get out for a while every few hours and let your skin breathe.
Too much alcohol makes our kidneys remove extra water from our bodies which makes use dehydrated. Drink a glass of water while taking your alcoholic drink to compensate for the water you are going to lose.
8. Lightweight Moisturizers:
It is better to switch to a heavy moisturizer during the winter instead of your lightweight one because cold weather is all about drying your skin out.
Keeping a full 10-step routine for dry skin can sound a little daunting, but the Korean skincare industry has developed the ultimate method to achieve a healthier skin within just days when following these simple instructions.
Of course, it doesn’t require as much time as it may seem. On the contrary, it consists on observing 10 weekly steps to provide your skin the proper care it deserves. Having said that, here it is! How to take care of your skin in a full 10-step routine for dry skin during this winter:
- Oil cleanser: Excellent for removing impurities and replenishing moisture during the winter. An oil cleanser, lavender or coconut, for example, will help you eliminate all residues.
- 2. Foam Cleanser: This type of product is much softer than the usual soaps that we use to wash our hands. Usually, after removing your makeup, there are still residues on your skin’s face. That’s where the Foam cleanser comes in and washes all of it away.
- Exfoliator: Exfoliation helps prevent clogged pores as it removes dead skin cells and impurities. This is a weekly step in the routine to avoid further irritation.
- Toner: It helps hydrate your skin after cleansing and prepares it to absorb the moisturizing creams that make up the rest of the list.
- 5. Essence: A completely innovative step for us Westerners, applying Essence is a fundamental step for Korean women. It is similar to serum or a booster, but its consistency is lighter, making its application easier and gentler with your skin.
- Serums, Ampoules, and Boosters: They are the current rage of social networks. Especially useful to fight sunspots and pigmentation, most formulas have a bleaching effect and5 a high content of vitamin C that helps prevent premature aging.
- Masks: According to your skin complexion, you can find an infinite range of homemade masks, sheet masks and peel-off sheets which are especially essential to recapture moisture loss during winter.
- Eye Creams: Eyes are the most sensitive area on your face, and this area is prone to early wrinkles. Always apply them patting the product delicately. Several options can help you fight fine lines, dark circles, and bags under the eyes.
- 9. Face Cream: Essential for all beauty routines, applying facial cream is a must to moisturize your skin every day before applying makeup, and every night before going to sleep.
- SPF: Last but certainly not least, the Sun Protection Factor should be present on all of your facial products, including makeup. UV rays and free radicals accelerate aging and reduce collagen production even during winter, so it is important to keep applying SPF several times a day.
Having dry skin in winter is practically inevitable… or is it? Today, we will tackle a list of tips based on the things experts always do for their skin when it’s cold outside to prevent the itchiness, flakiness and painful chapped lips that torment us especially during the holidays.
NOW! The full list with the things experts always do for their skin when it’s cold outside
When it’s cold outside, the first image that comes to a fashionista’s mind is a glamorous coat, snow falling beautifully from the sky and the eventual car freeze… Nevertheless, it’s a short time before our skin begins to show the effects of cold weather. Though our makeup may look flawless all day long, don’t forget to:
Moisturize your skin as if there were no tomorrow:
Although it is essential to maintain the oiliness of your skin under control during the rest of the year, adding a healthy extra layer of moisture during wintertime is one of the things experts always do for their skin when it’s cold outside. Why? Because cold windy days can irritate your skin. Also, the climate becomes drier and we turn on our home’s radiators, further reducing the environment’s natural humidity. Using dense extra-moisturizing creams can help our skin to retain its natural moisture.
Thou shalt constantly drink water!
Even if your body craves red wine, or hot cocoa with marshmallows, water is indispensable to go through winter looking fab. Maintaining beautiful looking skin is a task that starts from the inside out. It is useless to apply the best creams and treatments when you punish your body by dehydrating it.
Remember to exfoliate
Facilitating your skin’s regeneration will help prevent the effects of dead skin accumulation: dryness, blackheads and flakiness. That’s why you should maintain your daily exfoliating routine. Although winter isn’t the ideal season for long relaxing showers, keep exfoliating those dead cells away using products, soaps and exfoliating creams rich in lactic or salicylic acid.
Also, remember to cut down on harsh scented soaps that may end up causing more irritation to your skin. Speaking of which, NO HOT SHOWERS or BATHS. I know this can be daunting, but long hot showers remove all oiliness from your skin.
Even if the weather is cloudy, UV rays and free radicals are still there, lurking in the clouds to cause you fine lines and premature aging. Therefore it is essential to always to use products with SPF 50. Also remember to take vitamin C! It not only prevents colds, but also lines of expression.
If you want to look gorgeous and radiant, it’s essential to maintain routines and healthy habits for perfect skin. That’s why we have prepared a list with 15 things women with perfect skin do every day, so that little by little you get to incorporate these new habits into your daily routine and enjoy flawless skin without makeup.
- Drinking water: Drinking sufficient water each day, around six to eight glasses, not only helps you to eliminate toxins, but it will boost your energy and immune system.
- Apply sunscreen: Take care of your skin using products with 50 SPF sunscreen every day.
- They don’t smoke: Young looking people don’t smoke, why? Because the chemicals in a cigarette, as well as the repetitive facial gestures made when smoking, can cause premature skin aging.
- Also, go easy on the drinks: One of the effects of drinking alcohol is dehydration and, with it, skin and hair dryness.
- Be gentle: Your face’s skin, particularly the skin around the eyes, is very delicate. The next time you are applying makeup or washing your face, be gentle, you are not sanding a table, you should be delicately touching your face.
- Know your skin type: If you have dry skin and mistakenly use products purposed for oily skin you will vanish all your natural moisture. Likewise, if you have oily skin and use products for dry skin, you could wind up increasing oiliness.
- They cut down Carbs: Carbohydrates and processed sugars accelerate aging and the appearance of pimples, because they decrease collagen production and therefore reduce skin’s elasticity.
- Wash your face every night: Always! Makeup residues are the best way to accelerate skin aging and cause acne.
- Sleep tight: Sleeping helps to prevent aging and promotes cellular skin regeneration.
- Masks are indispensable: After only one application natural masks can enhance your skin’s beauty.
- Clean makeup tools: Dirty brushes and makeup sponges will not only accumulate product but bacteria that can cause acne.
- Keep a diet rich in vitamin C and E: to increase skin elasticity, and strengthen your hair and nails.
- Exercise: Maintaining an exercise routine helps speed up the cellular flow of nutrients, eliminates toxins and helps to control hormonal disorders.
- Ice treatment: Hot water removes all the natural oils of your skin causing dryness. However, applying cold water and ice to your face improves your blood flow.
- Exfoliate: Enjoy a softer skin exfoliating once a week to remove dead cells and stimulate skin renewal.
Apply an ice cube on the face or anywhere else on your skin can sound like something out of an E.L. James book. However, more and more people realize the powerful effect of a simple ice cube to highlight their skin’s natural beauty.
In this article, we have prepared a list of all the benefits of an Ice Cube on Face to give you a real 5-star facial treatment from the comfort of your home.
Ice Cube On Face: 15 Amazing Beauty Benefits at home
- Young again: The ice cube’s cold stimulates blood circulation helping to prevent wrinkles.
- Prevents acne: As it reduces the production of natural skin oils, it also prevents blackheads and whiteheads.
- Promotes cell regeneration: especially when we have undergone a chemical peeling or some other deep exfoliation treatment.
- Fights dark circles: Dark circles under the eyes can be treated by placing a small cube of ice on them. This will reduce inflammation giving you a fresher appearance within minutes.
- Helps you with open pores: Especially during summer, applying ice packs and ice cubes is an excellent alternative to look your best.
- Softer skin: In the same way, tighten your skin due to the constriction of capillary vessels, thus enhancing your skin’s glow and softness.
- Improve your makeup results: Ice improves the absorption of moisturizers, primers and other products taking your makeup results to a whole new level.
- Ice reduces inflammatory processes: Instead of water put cucumber juice in the ice tray. Applying those cubes to your face can help reduce the redness and swelling of plucking eyebrows out.
- Help camouflage outbreaks: Applying ice before starting to use makeup will also reduce acne inflammation and redness.
- No more chapped lips: Applying ice to your lips will stimulate circulation helping chapped lips to heal faster.
- Sunburn Reliefs: But don’t apply just ordinary water ice cubes, freeze some Aloe Vera instead, and you won’t believe the results.
- The perfect ending to a facial: Freezing rose water is the ideal finish to a homemade facial. Try it!
- For anti-wrinkle treatments: It accelerates the recovery from treatments such as Peelings, Radiofrequency and other procedures that tighten the skin.
- It is an economical replacement of facial tonic: It fulfills the same functions for only a minimal fraction of the cost.
- Last minute: If you want a stunning look, but you don’t have all your makeup goodies with you, a simple ice cube melted can work as a shadow primer and improve the adhesion of your makeup base.